Sunday 3 June 2012

CANADIAN TIGERS

Canadian Tiger Swallowtail

Experts are divided if they are a true separate species. The book, Peterson's Field Guide Eastern Butterflies, by Paul Opler and Vichai Malikul believe so based on flight periods and host plants.

Papilio canadensis
Family Papilionidae
Canadian Tiger Swallowtail

Food: Birch, Aspen and Black Cherry

I was trying to catch it on the apple blossoms.

Flight - May to mid July

I am putting my butterfly photos into an album on Facebook.
I usually get to Facebook in a round-about way. The museum blog has a link to its' Facebook, see one of the August 2011 posts http://nipigonmuseumtheblog.blogspot.com/  Then you can access my Boreal Conflict page and get to the album of butterflies. I tried it the other day and we can get to Facebook FROM the Blog but can't get the Facebook to connect or even mention the Blog anymore.

Tiger on Orange Hawkweed June 23

June 23

June 23, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment