Saturday 3 September 2011

The Reason Why

The reason why I am Blogging my essays on the conflict in the Boreal Forests of Canada -

I am trying to counter the multi - million dollar slick, mostly misleading campaigns by foreign ENGOs against our Canadian Resource Industries,  mainly Forestry , that have been going on for over ten years.

These Environment groups boast of long political reach, so I write my Members of Parliament, Provincial and Federal and  Ministers of Natural Resource in Ontario and other provinces.

These Environment groups demonstrate in the large cities, like Toronto, with caribou effigies outside the Caribou Habitat Workshop, but they don't show up in Thunder Bay at the same Caribou Habitat workshop. I was there. I was looking for them.  As FD Industry (a PR firm)  noted in their plan...go where the political activists are, where the TV cameras are, where gullible people can be led astray with dire predictions of Santa's reindeer dying because of Ontario loggers destroying their habitat.

We have gullible people here too, so don't get upset. One lady, from Thunder Bay, wrote a letter to the editor that the reason the bears were coming into the cities was because the loggers were destroying their food. Do you want to know the scary part? NOBODY corrected her!  It was too silly. Who would believe it?  Well, I wrote, but I wrote to my local Gazette as by the time the Thunder Bay editor gets through with editing my letters I can only recognize my name, so I gave up on them.

This past year I have connected with a wonderful editor and The Working Forest  newspaper on line and  in real paper editions.  http://www.workingforest.com/

This following address takes you to Pew's page of pleasure at the Quebec Nord deal this past month. Also has maps of what they are taking.
http://www.pewenvironment.org/news-room/press-releases/quebec-boreal-legislation-would-fulfill-vision-of-new-global-model-for-conservation-85899363002

In 2007 I found one man speaking up for us, Ross Risvold, the former mayor of Hinton, Alberta. At that time he said, "The number one issue is that communities in the boreal forest truly want sustainability supported by three pillars - environmental, social and economic."  This past summer , 2011, he wrote an article for The Working Forest, encouraging people to get involved in standing up for their resource Industries.

However people in the big cities are being influenced by many environmental groups with money from Canada and abroad. These groups and the people they so influence, give little thought to the social and economic health of the people of the Boreal Forest.

When the likes of Audubon Magazine writes, " ...think of this forest as one big paper mill, being razed at a rate of five acres a minute, and you can see why a unique coalition is racing to save the boreal before it is too late." , their name behind this statement would likely pull in thousands of believers.

So I try to counter Falsehood with Truth, fiction with facts.

This summer they have been very active with green policy briefs and green reports of all shapes and sizes. I hope to get time to comment on most of them and bring in a little history of our logging industry to show that we have lived in harmony with OUR Boreal Forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment